• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed No notification sent if thread is moved into a forum you watch

rellect

If you watch a forum (for new threads in my case), you will not receive any notifications about moved threads to that forum.
I guess it's a matter of what we consider New Threads. If it means only to new created threads, or just new threads in the forum.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It caught us out once with an announcement.

It's a tricky issue. It's similar in concept to things that come up when merging threads, and I think we have that tagged as a future fix so I'm going to do the same here. The changes that I think are necessary are likely too substantial for an RC stage.

I think we'd need to do different calculations to determine who to notify than we normally do to prevent duplicate or unnecessary notify. Or maybe, we'd just need to create a whole new alert/email that explicitly said the thread was moved to a forum you watch.

Marcus

. Or maybe, we'd just need to create a whole new alert/email that explicitly said the thread was moved to a forum you watch.
"Thread A was moved into your watched Forum B" is better than "Thread A was created in your watched forum B"

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
This bug report relates only to watching on the forum level, so it just follows the standard rules there.