XF 1.5 No New Registration PM Sent After Changing Email Status From Awaiting Approval To Valid

The Grand Potentate

We've been having some server email issues and I've been forced to manually change the states of user registrations from Awaiting Approval to Valid. When I do, the system does not register the user as a new registration and does not send out the welcome email. Is there any way to fix this, or to manually push out the welcome PM if I'm forced to do this again in the future?

I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be on the awaiting approval page -- are you sure the status wasn't awaiting email verification? That won't be listed there.

But roughly, if you're manually editing the users like this, this is the expected behavior and there isn't really a way around it. Edits on this page (or batch user edits) are generally considered "lower level" so they don't trigger some of the usual behaviors as if the user triggered it themselves or the standard approach was used.

I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be on the awaiting approval page -- are you sure the status wasn't awaiting email verification? That won't be listed there.

But roughly, if you're manually editing the users like this, this is the expected behavior and there isn't really a way around it. Edits on this page (or batch user edits) are generally considered "lower level" so they don't trigger some of the usual behaviors as if the user triggered it themselves or the standard approach was used.
i'd say 80/20 its awaiting email verification/awaiting approval. Maybe 90/10.

Ok, would it be possible to get the system to send the PM manually then in instances like this?

Top Bottom