1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 No longer have permission to do anything

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TDUBS, Nov 11, 2014.

1. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

Hello,

I no longer have permission to do anything in the admin panel. I noticed upon logging into the forums, my forum had a note displaying that there had been a roll back, which I didn't perform as I was working all day. However, I am a Super Admin in the config file and this is what my AdminCP looks like:

[​IMG]

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a recent backup that includes your permissions? Can you disable listeners via config to try to get in?

3. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

How would I disable listeners? I'd like to be able to get in so I can look at the logs and see what went on.

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Was this message from your Web Hosting company?

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Add this to the bottom of your config.php file:

PHP:
    $config['enableListeners'] = false;

6. Jeremy

Add $config['enableListeners'] = false; to your config file.

7. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

It wasn't from my Web Hosting company, it was a notice on my forum as if someone set it in the AdminCP.

I added that code and it did nothing. All of my other admins said that it's disabled for them too. I'm going to take a wild guess that someone was touching things they shouldn't have.

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Hopefully you have a recent backup.

9. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

Would I be backing up my SQL or forum files itself?

10. Jeremy

Backing up now will not restore permissions. If you have a recent back up to restore (of the database), permissions could be changed.

11. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Active Member

Sounds like he may not have a backup. How would one change the Admin permissions & password if they had access to the database?