XF 1.4 No logo or ACP icon images after upgrade

rwm1962

I've just upgraded our test site to 1.4.8 & I think I've done something wrong. The upgrade has worked ok & no outdated templates & all files ok as per the Health Check. However the default Xenforo logo is missing as are the icons in the ACP.

Can any one please tell me where I went wrong & how to fix?

I've just got my hands on my live site today & need to upgrade that so keen to get it right on the test site first.

TIA

The contents of the styles directory aren't part of the file healthcheck so from what you've described it's quite possible that those files are missing.

Specifically I'm talking about the files in styles/default/xenforo

Got me baffled - the images are there but if I download them & try to open them, my image programs come back with invalid images. They don't thumbnail in my windows explorer either whereas old copies do (& open ok in photoshop etc)

Likely some sort of corruption caused by your FTP client when you uploaded the 1.4.8 files.

Use a different client and upload the upgrade files again.

I think you're right but it's corrupting using winSCP (1st time I used it after seeing recommendation here) & filezilla.

If I copy a good image up to the site then copy it back it's corrupt - with either ftp client

Download the .zip again from your customer area just to rule out any issues there.
Ensure the FTP application is set to binary for the transfer type (although it should default to that out of the box) and upload them again.

Ok. Took a fresh download from my customer area. Uploaded using binary making sure to overwrite. Same problem. Missing images are in the directory but when I download them & open them they are coming up as invalid.

upload_2015-6-28_19-33-55.webp

Jpg image that have been uploaded in posts are fine.

I even added an ACP png to a post as an attachment & it showed fine & downloaded & opened as a valid image

I deleted the pngs from xenforo & acp-icons & uploaded those specific files from the download. They are now showing.

I've never cme across an issue like that before. I'm not a coder but I've ftp'd more files than old nick without issue over the years.

Top Bottom