No hidden members [Deleted]

Adam Howard

Adam Howard submitted a new resource:

No hidden members - Everyone can be seen online

What does this do?

Makes it so no one, other than staff, can hide their online status.

Why would I want this?

To many hidden users can give the false illusion that no ones there. And sometimes users simply leave without saying "boo" if they feel alone.

But its also good for staff to be able to be hidden... Troublemakers like to act up when they think staff is kind. So being able to give the illusion that...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for sharing, I might try this out at some point. I'm surprised that Xenforo doesn't already let admins disallow this, but I hadn't gotten around to discovering it for myself yet.

Hi

I wold love to try this addon, but have problems to follow the instructions. I am using XF 1.2 and there is nothing to click on called "Create Template Modification"

Code:
YOUR FORUM URL/admin.php?template-modifications

The Templates:

Click on "Create Template Modification"

Did this change in 1.2?

Hi

I wold love to try this addon, but have problems to follow the instructions. I am using XF 1.2 and there is nothing to click on called "Create Template Modification"

Code:
YOUR FORUM URL/admin.php?template-modifications

The Templates:

Click on "Create Template Modification"

Did this change in 1.2?

You now need debug mode enabled to see that button.

Its enabled in the configuration file, but it is recommended for users to make direct template edits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually just put /add to the url on the Template modification page.
You can manually type out the url, but I find it more convenient to bring back the button, so I can find it & access it easily & quickly (without remembering the full path)

I did everything just as it was written in this guide, but I am still able to see and to disable my online status. What I am doing wrong please?

I left the options not mentioned in the guide untouched, so I have like this:

Search Type: Simple Replacement
Execution Order: 10
Automatically apply template modification (check box ticked)
Add-on: Nothing chosen

Any idea what I've done wrong?

I did everything just as it was written in this guide, but I am still able to see and to disable my online status. What I am doing wrong please?

I left the options not mentioned in the guide untouched, so I have like this:

Search Type: Simple Replacement
Execution Order: 10
Automatically apply template modification (check box ticked)
Add-on: Nothing chosen

Any idea what I've done wrong?
Re-read the guide.... Of course you can hide, you're staff.

What do you mean you have things not mentioned? Follow the guide exactly.

I did everything as it was suggested to do in the guide. Then I used my test account and I was still able to show/hide my online status.

I did everything as it was suggested to do in the guide. Then I used my test account and I was still able to show/hide my online status.
This was tested on XenForo 1.2.
This was tested using the default style

If you are not using 1.2, upgrade.
If you have a custom style, contact the developer.

I am using XF 1.2.1 and it doesn't matter if I am using default or custom style, as I can still show/hide my online status.

I am using XF 1.2.1 and it doesn't matter if I am using default or custom style, as I can still show/hide my online status.
Re-apply and re-follow all steps.

Don't know how to help you. This works for me using the stock XenForo. You must have done something wrong.

Top Bottom