Lack of interest No email informing that manual activation is required

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
If you enable manual moderation of new registrations, the new member does not get any notification that the account is awaiting approval by an admin.

From a recent new registration who was puzzled after she confirmed her email that she kept seeing "you do no have permission to post" errors:

I received 3 emails in total, but none of them mentioned that the account was awaiting approval. Just FYI, the emails are as follows:

1) {name}, in order to complete your registration or reactivate your account at Local Search Forum, you need to confirm your email address by clicking the button below.
2) Dear {name}, Welcome and thanks for joining the Local Search Community. Stop by often to ask questions or offer your support. Remember - the more you give to this community, the more you will receive back in return. Local Search Community Team (Maybe this is the email that could mention new accounts are pending approval?)
3) {name}, the account you registered at Local Search Forum has now been approved. You may now visit our site as a registered member. (After you manually reviewed my account)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
After confirming their email, a message would have been shown that stated that their account was pending approval:
Your email has been confirmed. Your registration must now be approved by an administrator. You will receive an email when a decision has been taken.
So, as it stands, this isn't a bug, but I'll move to Suggestions for future consideration.

It would make perfect logical sense to have some message displayed about this so they are aware. I can see the 'problem' of emailing an unconfirmed email however as that could potentially be used for malicious purposes. Then again Captcha of some description would prevent that in most cases.

After confirming their email, a message would have been shown that stated that their account was pending approval:

So, as it stands, this isn't a bug, but I'll move to Suggestions for future consideration.
So it's a message on the email confirmation page rather than a message in an email? An email would be a definite improvement, though - less easy to miss.

Top Bottom