Lack of interest Option for requesting manual activation

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

abdfahim

Frequently I receive emails from new registrants that they did not receive any activation email. To avoid individual replies, I propose an option that would allow the user to request manual activation (may be a button in the activation notice). If the user click on that option, he should be places in the user approval queue where a moderator can approve/delete the user.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Another option is to turn off email verification. I have never used it and have had zero issues.
You are aware that this lets people register with someone elses e-mail address and that you could get in serious trouble in some legislation areas when you start spamming that someone else with unrequested/unwanted e-mail notifications?

You are aware that this lets people register with someone elses e-mail address and that you could get in serious trouble in some legislation areas when you start spamming that someone else with unrequested/unwanted e-mail notifications?
That's a valid concern. I keep receiving emails from Instagram for someone else account, no matter how many times I unsubscribed, that's very annoying. I don't know what and how that happens. Time to contact Instagram directly.

Another option is to turn off email verification. I have never used it and have had zero issues.
Also, this is interesting that you don't have mass spams.

Top Bottom