1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed no 'current visitors' ip lookup for guests.

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by dieketzer, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

when opening the ip overlay on 'current visitors', you can click the ip address for a lookup on whatismyipaddress.com, but only for logged-in members. non-members do not have their ip linked.
    Brett Peters likes this.
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I've noticed that as well. That could be handy to have.
  3. dieketzer

especially since non-members are typically the ips one would want to lookup.
  4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. Though if I were to start this thread it would probably be in the small tweak suggestions forum. Mike might give us an idea what the reasoning as to how it currently works & why since it is in the bug reports forum though..
  5. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

That sucks indeed :p
  6. dieketzer

you think this is designed behaviour? if so, then i probably should have posted it there.
    its your call as to whether it should be moved or not.
  7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I would assume it was done for a reason, yes. As I stated earlier it is possible someone may comment about the situation, if not I can later move it to the suggestions forum.
    dieketzer likes this.
  8. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed now.
    Dean and dieketzer like this.
  9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

A 1,000 thank yous kind sir :)

All sorts of interesting information is revealed quite quickly now.. location, proxy servers being used...