1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 No avatar overlay

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by imthebest, Sep 20, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Tested on 1.4.1

Here at XenForo.com when I go to community/account/avatar I get the avatar overlay.
    On my forum when I go to the same path I do not get the overlay but I'm presented with a standard page where I can change my avatar.

IIRC I was getting the avatar overlay on 1.4.0
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

How is that a bug if it works here but not at your own forum?
    Amaury and Liam W like this.
  3. imthebest

It might be a bug that was introduced with 1.4.1 and maybe it got fixed here at XenForo.com in an internal release? I don't know...
  4. imthebest

Is there any permission that controls the ability to see the overlay? I don't know why it's working here but not on my forum!
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Even if Mike identifies a bug himself, he files a bug report to prevent duplicate reports happening.

But, besides, why do you always automatically assume the software is at fault rather than a misconfiguration or misunderstanding on your part?

You should try pretty much everything on a default style, with no add-ons enabled first, and certainly if you can't reproduce the bug here, you should post in the correct troubleshooting forum first.

(I recommend doing that now, in the first instance, as this will likely get moved as Not A Bug).
    Amaury and imthebest like this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This page?

You may also have overlays disabled in the style properties.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

1.4.1 is literally just the changed Flash file, so that would indicate that you made a change that interfered.
  8. imthebest