Implemented  No Ad Location Templates ?

vijayninel

Hi ,

I'm very disappointed that there are no pre-defined ad location templates. Where are we supposed to put the ads then ? I use the ad location templates in vb not just to put ads but even other hacks and features.

Please consider putting some ad location templates or it will be very difficult for a lot of people to do that.

Thanks

Upvote 55
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would also be nice. I don't really display external ads on my site, but it would prove handy to be able to place banners or text in key area's to promote upgrades.

Absolutely. And something I'm sure they will add before 1.0.

NOTE - everyone who wants this needs to "LIKE" the first post.

NOTE - everyone who wants this needs to "LIKE" the first post.
I think a moderator needs to "bump" this policy, because it seems that a lot of people either forgot it or never saw it. (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/guide-to-suggestions.2284/)

Replying to Suggestions

First and foremost, if you like the suggestion that a person has made, like the post. If you have further tweaks to the suggestion, please post them but still like the post.

Well it's already stickied, so not sure what we can do except to keep reminding people that if they want the suggestion implemented, LIKE the first post.
Putting it in my signature.

For now, adding them manually via template edits isn't too difficult. I've done them on my forum in the sidebar, under the navbar and at the bottom of the page above the footer.

Basically, create a new template on each add, customize it with conditionals.

Then go into PAGE_CONTAINER, add then to the appropriate spot.

I could write a quick tutorial if anyone's interested, but it's not overly difficult.

For now, adding them manually via template edits isn't too difficult. I've done them on my forum in the sidebar, under the navbar and at the bottom of the page above the footer.

I could write a quick tutorial if anyone's interested, but it's not overly difficult.
I was going to recommend creating a tutorial/article describing how to do this. Would be much appreciated by many of us. ;) Perhaps even with a way to get one somewhere in the header, too.

i would like to add them myself, but is also great to have them as features in the next release it would make our life easier to navigate our ads thanx

I just added the code right in the page container template. But I need some conditionals there... to prevent the banner from showing on certain pages/forums.

I just added the code right in the page container template. But I need some conditionals there... to prevent the banner from showing on certain pages/forums.

Could you share some of the conditions for me? Right now they're on all of the pages, but I'd like to learn how to exclude only some of them.

Of course you can add all the code right in the page container, but having separate templates and using includes makes things much more manageable!

Could you share some of the conditions for me? Right now they're on all of the pages, but I'd like to learn how to exclude only some of them.

Of course you can add all the code right in the page container, but having separate templates and using includes makes things much more manageable!
Sorry I don't know them either, I said I need them. Can you explain how it is more manageable? Because you still have to edit the template after upgrades. But maybe I'm forgetting something.

Sorry I don't know them either, I said I need them. Can you explain how it is more manageable? Because you still have to edit the template after upgrades. But maybe I'm forgetting something.

Because if you need to edit or change your ad, you can go into template. Search for the template name and edit it.

If you just placed it all in PAGE_CONTAINER, you'll have to go through and find the relevant section.

Hold on I'll write up a quick tutorial.

Top Bottom