Implemented  No Ad Location Templates ?

vijayninel

Hi ,

I'm very disappointed that there are no pre-defined ad location templates. Where are we supposed to put the ads then ? I use the ad location templates in vb not just to put ads but even other hacks and features.

Please consider putting some ad location templates or it will be very difficult for a lot of people to do that.

Thanks

Upvote 55
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was going to recommend creating a tutorial/article describing how to do this. Would be much appreciated by many of us. ;) Perhaps even with a way to get one somewhere in the header, too.
Now I know that you can get one in the header, because one of the sites on that show us your xenforo (?) has one there.
Darned if I remember which one it is tho. :rolleyes:

There is a 728x90 leaderboard advert in the header of my Green and Gold style, link to a screenshot in my sig

The most important locations for me are :

1. header logo
2. Navbar below
3. First post
4. last post
5. After last post
6. After threads in forum display
7. footer start
8. footer end
9. Forumhome top
10 Forumhome bottom
11. after first post
12. between posts
13. between forums in forumhome.

As we're getting closer to XenForo 1.0 release, I would like to know what the status of this suggeston is. We certainly need some help from XenForo to add 3rd party ads and/or internal banner promotion of events, content, etc. to our community pages while templates stay clean. If we don't get help to drive (and monetize) our communities with as much ease as possible, I'm not sure how I could switch my projects to XenForo without doubling my daily admin work.

I was also surprised that ad placement was not implemented, but hey I suppose its early days.
DP's mod at <that other place> would be a very good starting point

Top Bottom