Nice new footer!

Yeah, I just noticed it, too. :) Does that mean we are getting really close to the launch? ;)

The new xfsite footer section looks pretty cool, Kier, would it be okay with you if I emulate the look of it for the two similar to xenforo default styles I have available, I wouldn't copy your content of course, just the basic look and feel, it would give my similar to default styles a continued likeness. :)

It would look even cooler if the black background would continue all the way to the bottom of the page. It looks nice now when it's at the bottom, but with shorter pages it just hangs there in the middle of the page:

footer.webp

The menu system in the new footer for the links to home, search, news etc look more professional than the menu system at the top of the forum to me, I am not sure if its the text or color that make them appear more professional.

I love it...the gradient EXACTLY matches something I am working on right now... :-)

Kier was this something you cheffed up for the site here only or is this something that will be included of sorts in an update of the software package itself? Maybe a stupid question but just curious.

I love it...the gradient EXACTLY matches something I am working on right now... :)

Kier was this something you cheffed up for the site here only or is this something that will be included of sorts in an update of the software package itself? Maybe a stupid question but just curious.
It's just something for xenforo.com, I've added it via an add-on, none of the standard templates have been edited.

WHAT! How can I do that...I can't even begin to imagine how to go about that. Doing things like that might help me be able to make a worthy mod. At any rate....that is awesome and I am glad to know that it can be done.

WHAT! How can I do that...I can't even begin to imagine how to go about that. Doing things like that might help me be able to make a worthy mod. At any rate....that is awesome and I am glad to know that it can be done.
It's pretty simple really:
PHP:
/**
 * Pre-cache the xfcom_page_wrapper template.
 * Listens to 'template_create' code event.
 * @param string $templateName
 * @param array $params
 * @param XenForo_Template_Abstract $template
 */
public static function templateCreate($templateName, array &$params, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
{
	if ($templateName == 'PAGE_CONTAINER')
	{
		$template->preloadTemplate('xfcom_page_wrapper');
	}
}

/**
 * Wrap the xfcom_page_wrapper template around the page.
 * Listens to 'template_hook' code event.
 * @param string $hookName
 * @param string $content
 * @param string $hookParams
 * @param XenForo_Template_Abstract $template
 */
public static function templateHook($hookName, &$content, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
{
	if ($hookName == 'body')
	{
		$params = $template->getParams();
		$params['HTML'] = $content;

$content = $template->create('xfcom_page_wrapper', $params);
	}
}

Top Bottom