Nice new footer!

It looks really nice.
smile.png

The new forum footer only really works for long pages, like the ones you'd see when browsing a forum. The main site has deliberately short pages with all information readily accessible at all times, so there is no need for the 'mega footer'.

Is this going to be in the next update, or is this something extra.css?

Anyone can make their own custom footer, it is commonly done when forums are part of a large network so guests can get to other forums or portals owned by the same group.

www.cnet.com is a great example of this concept as are many large web publishers who own a lot of web properties they want to cross promote.

To be frank, I'm glad it's not going to be part of the next release.

I don't particularly want a huge Buy XenForo Now! button at the bottom of my site ;)

lol I doubt that would be there by default.
Indeed, it's not there at all, as the 'mega footer' is a xenforo.com feature, and not part of the product. None of it is configurable, except obviously by virtue of it being a template, and therefore infinitely customizable.

Indeed, it's not there at all, as the 'mega footer' is a xenforo.com feature, and not part of the product.
I know, we know, that's it's a xenforo.com feature, and not part of the product. However, you had to know that people were going to want it when they saw it.
Indeed they love it, and you can't blame us, now can you? hmmm?

LOL, you guys CAN MAKE YOUR OWN CUSTOM FOOTERS, HEADERS, SIDEBARS, AD BLOCKS and anything else you want !!

Top Bottom