• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 NGINX XENFORO ISSUES

#1
I am spending my memorial day holiday converting from vBulletin 4.2.2 to Xenforo. Had no issues moving 3 million posts over the Xenforo. :)

I got almost everything working but I have a few issues because of NGINX. I am no NGINX expert and my NGINX expert is sick in the hospital. :(

Here are my issues...

1) My XenForo is installed in /xen/ off the root (vBulletin was installed in /) - How do I forward all connections to index.php and forum.php while still being able to access the other files ad directories in the / folder. (Meaning if anyone goes to http://www.mywebsite.com, http://www.mywebsite.com/forum.php or http://www.mywebsite.com/index.php they are instead taken to http://www.mywebsite.com/xen - Or in the case of the forum.php they go to http://www.mywebsite.com/xen/forums/)

2) I used the vb4 redirectrion add on (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.120/) and while its working instead of taking threads indexed at Google to http://www.mywebsite.com/xen/threads/threadurl.212312 it is taking the /xen/ out which is weired because people can see the message but since the /xen/ is missing there is no CSS.

HELP PLEASE!!
 
#7
Sorry for the delay Tracy, been busy since the conversion fixing things. :)

To be honest I didn't try it (because I didn't see it until now) but one of my members figured it out for me. He wrote a rewrite rule and also a redirect.php file that I put in my root directory. Now all my links on Google are being redirected correctly. :)
 

Tracy Perry

Well-known member
#8
Sorry for the delay Tracy, been busy since the conversion fixing things. :)

To be honest I didn't try it (because I didn't see it until now) but one of my members figured it out for me. He wrote a rewrite rule and also a redirect.php file that I put in my root directory. Now all my links on Google are being redirected correctly. :)
OK.. was curios as that is basically what I use to rewrite a call to robots.txt to the sitemap robots.php add-on. It should work without needing another .php file anywhere for the rewrite (other than the index.php that it points at, which should already exist).