Nginx new server any OS ideas?

I'm finding that to be a common setup on sites I work on. May at some point need to compare MariaDB with Percona again. It's been a while (2 yrs?) since I did a side by side.
I had thought about moving over to it also... but one thing concerned me was a quote I found:
MariaDB 5.5 is compatible with MySQL 5.5. However next version is numbered 10 as it will not import all features from MySQL 5.6 breaking compatibility between these systems.
Not sure if that is correct, but if so I can foresee some problems.

I had thought about moving over to it also... but one thing concerned me was a quote I found:

Not sure if that is correct, but if so I can foresee some problems.
I'm playing with a local install (this very PC I am typing this on). And I have to say, the stock MySQL 5.6 is very good. So if they're not going to keep with it, that is a little concerning.

I'm playing with a local install (this very PC I am typing this on). And I have to say, the stock MySQL 5.6 is very good. So if they're not going to keep with it, that is a little concerning.
From some reading I've heard that Oracle's 5.6 line has improved greatly on INNODB performance. I'm sticking with Percona myself for now on my production machines and will wait to see what MaraDB does on the next version (if that quote is true or not).

So do you guys will move to Percona or stock MySQL for 5.6?
I'm sticking with Percona for now. Once I see what path the next version of MariaDB will follow (as far as impacting the use of xenForo) I might move to it myself.

Top Bottom