Nginx and Cpanel

Claudio

I don´t know Nginx, is it secure?

Hostgator will install cpanel and whm on my dedicate server, but I´m looking to improve the speed and the security of my site, so I would like to know more about Nginx software.

Is it easy to install?
Can I disable Apache (installed with Cpanel by default) and Install/use Nginx then?

NginX being secure, yes, no doubt about that. But, you can't install NginX alone when using cPanel. You have to configure some stuff too. You can do it manually, or you can try nginxcp.com's plugin for WHM (its free).

yes, I will install the nginx plugin for WHM but I dont know if it will be easy to configure and to replace apache for nginx

I've used it. I've liked it. PHP has to either run through Apache with nginx as a proxy, or you can try FastCGI.

yes, I will install the nginx plugin for WHM but I dont know if it will be easy to configure and to replace apache for nginx

I have no knowledge about servers and I have WHM and cPanel on my VPS as well. All I did was use nginxcp.com's plugin, installed it through SSH and then it appeared in my WHM control panel. It will then serve all the static content while Apache will serve the PHP and stuff. You won't need to do anything / to configure it. You may need to change the port apache is on to 81

I have no knowledge about servers and I have WHM and cPanel on my VPS as well. All I did was use nginxcp.com's plugin, installed it through SSH and then it appeared in my WHM control panel. It will then serve all the static content while Apache will serve the PHP and stuff. You won't need to do anything / to configure it. You may need to change the port apache is on to 81
More easy than I think :)

Have you seen any speed improvement?

When I did it, there was a slight speed increase, but you'll probably see the difference with a slightly heavier loaded site.

Well, actually on a shared account I see a high cpu resource usage, the memory usage is very low but the cpu is around 60% that is too much

Top Bottom