New Webhosting wanted

TsinJu

I am looking for a new Webhosting Plan. I just heard good things about Hostgator but they are also very expensive.
Was thinking about GoDaddy or JustHost.
I have Users from all around the World so it would be great if the Site is quite fast reachable form everywhere too ;)
Does anyone have experience with these hosters, or can give me a recommendation?

Last edited:
I used to use FutureQuest and they were an excellent service, however they are also truly expensive and have a lot of limitations such as only 15 email accounts for your domain or only 5 MySQL databases.

I currently use Justhost and it's cheaper, they offer an infinite amount of Email addresses, and an infinite amount of MySQL databases. If you're used to cPanel they use that too. I haven't had any issues with their service however, my site isn't really in use because the topic it's about is not yet publicly released so there's minimal to no activity on my site at this time.

I am looking for a new Webhosting Plan. I just heard good things about Hostgator but they are also very expensive.
Was thinking about GoDaddy or JustHost.
I have Users from all around the World so it would be great if the Site is quite fast reachable form everywhere too ;)
Does anyone have experience with these hosters, or can give me a recommendation?

I'm assuming by mentioning HostGator or GoDaddy you are wanting a shared hosting plan?
If not (and looking at a VPS setup) I have one with RamNode and the prices are reasonable (of you go to here you can get a 30% off for life code). Their support (what little I've needed of it) has been great - but they ARE an unmanaged setup, so it assumes you know something about server OS configuration. I'm kinda in overkill mode as I have a 2GB VPS with them, and 2 24GB dual L5520 servers. Only thing I actually use is one of the servers for my 2 forums (which are NOT busy by any means and would be served with a 512MB VPS currently) and then 2 WordPress blogs on the VPS. The VPS and the spare server are basically "play toys" now.

Yes, i am looking for a shared web hosting. Hostgator might be the best solution but´s honestly to expensive. For a so callled "Baby" Plan it´s something around 140$ because i am from EU, and for just two small Websites....Maybe if i have a good running Website but not yet.

Yes, i am looking for a shared web hosting. Hostgator might be the best solution but´s honestly to expensive. For a so callled "Baby" Plan it´s something around 140$ because i am from EU, and for just two small Websites....Maybe if i have a good running Website but not yet.

You can check out http://www.webhostingtalk.com/, they have several areas that discuss hosting plans (and there are some that offer deals there), along with reviews.
Direct link to the shared hosting stuff is http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4.

I'd recommend @Mike Edge. He's good!

Yes, he is... but I think he's going to be in the same price range as the babycroc plan from HostGator the OP was looking at. It appears that he's looking for one of those $3-8 a month plans that are so popular on those oversold/under capable hosts.

Last edited:
Yes, i am looking for a shared web hosting. Hostgator might be the best solution but´s honestly to expensive. For a so callled "Baby" Plan it´s something around 140$ because i am from EU, and for just two small Websites....

From where did you get that $140?
Baby Plan:
$8 /month is the most expensive.($7.96)
That is $96 / year(plus tax still less than 140)

I dont know where you have the Prices from but Years´s Prices are different
Unbenannt.webp

The Discount isnt recurring, so after a Year its

Unbenannt.webp

Last edited:
When one door closes, another one opens. A friend offered me some Space on his Server. Installed Froxlor on it and everything now runs perfect.
Thanks to everyone who gave me this great recommendations. Will keep them in mind, you never know ;)

When one door closes, another one opens. A friend offered me some Space on his Server. Installed Froxlor on it and everything now runs perfect.
Thanks to everyone who gave me this great recommendations. Will keep them in mind, you never know ;)

I sincerely hope things go well for you in this situation. I'm sure you love your friend and all but honestly, unless they own a web hosting company and can get you space there, I wouldn't trust it too much.

Sure you may be up and running for the first few weeks, maybe a few months if you're lucky, but I've noticed eventually down the road you always get that call... "Hey Isa, I don't know how to say this but I can't run your server anymore." Pick a following option: A)"I'm too busy, lots of school/work/etc..." B)It's too expensive. So unless you can pay me $15 a month for it, I can't keep running it. C)"My servers crashed, I'm trying to fix em!" ((Which is just a cowardly way to say point A or B)).

I love my friends too don't get me wrong, but I'll keep my hosting done professionally.

I dont wanna even think about things like that, but unfortunately... yes you might be right. At the End it´s a timebased Solution and i will have to have al ook around.
We´ll see, maybe JustHost is what i am looking for maybe something different (y)

I dont wanna even think about things like that, but unfortunately... yes you might be right. At the End it´s a timebased Solution and i will have to have al ook around.
We´ll see, maybe JustHost is what i am looking for maybe something different (y)

Best suggestion I can give you... grab the minimal install of Debian (or grab centOS if you prefer RPM based linux flavors) and install it on a spare computer. Then start playing with it and get comfortable at the command line. Then when you feel comfortable at the command line and are ready to upgrade, look for a small VPS. I've seen an openVZ ones from RamNode starting at $2 a month and the KVM's starting at $6.

I sincerely hope things go well for you in this situation. I'm sure you love your friend and all but honestly, unless they own a web hosting company and can get you space there, I wouldn't trust it too much.

Sure you may be up and running for the first few weeks, maybe a few months if you're lucky, but I've noticed eventually down the road you always get that call... "Hey Isa, I don't know how to say this but I can't run your server anymore." Pick a following option: A)"I'm too busy, lots of school/work/etc..." B)It's too expensive. So unless you can pay me $15 a month for it, I can't keep running it. C)"My servers crashed, I'm trying to fix em!" ((Which is just a cowardly way to say point A or B)).

I love my friends too don't get me wrong, but I'll keep my hosting done professionally.

I have been hosting sites free for many people for a couple years now (since xf became available) and only ever shut one down because there was things in their package that they or someone they trusted shouldn't have put there. I am friendly but I don't call all of those people friends as we don't talk at all nor do I expect anything from them (except maybe some damn respect once in a while). Even so they can trust me because I have given them no reason not to and in the engagement between us I am the only one on the giving end and I have never asked them to be in a position where I get something from them.

Logically, since money comes out of my pocket and I do no advertising for products because I don't sell anything nor do I run any ad campaigns on any pages. ..there will come a point where I am not willing to go without things that I need for myself to help others. If that makes me a bad guy...sorry, find someone else to pay your bills for three years who wants nothing in return but a little respect.

You get what you pay for, and if you pay nothing and get something you should be happy.

If the person is trustworthy they wont leave you hanging...they will let you know when your free time is up and at that point you can thank them for what they have given you and then move on to finding a solution on your own.

Don't forget that both Hostgator and Justhost are owned by EIG, a company that buys out successful web hosts and runs them completely into the ground. Here is the complete list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

If you want your site to be fast everywhere, you have to implement a CDN. By the very nature of how networks operate, the site is going to slow down the farther you physically get from the server. A server in Los Angeles is not going to be as fast for visitors in Europe, for example, as it is for visitors in Los Angeles.

Top Bottom