XF 1.2 New users unable to add link to signature

x3sphere

Newly registered users are unable to insert BB code links and receive the following error "Your content can not be submitted. Please try again later."

I figured this may be due to a misconfigured spam setting or something but I don't see anything related to signatures. The error is only fired when links are inserted, everything else works as far as BBcode goes. From an admin account I don't receive the error. Any ideas?

Newly registered users are unable to insert BB code links and receive the following error "Your content can not be submitted. Please try again later."

I figured this may be due to a misconfigured spam setting or something but I don't see anything related to signatures. The error is only fired when links are inserted, everything else works as far as BBcode goes. From an admin account I don't receive the error. Any ideas?

Have you checked the signature permissions for all usergroups (and perhaps the permissions analyzer...)?

Does the error log say anything?

Does the same error occur if you have addons disabled?

Have you checked the signature permissions for all usergroups (and perhaps the permissions analyzer...)?

Does the error log say anything?

Does the same error occur if you have addons disabled?

Nothing in the error log, I tried disabling all addons as well. Permissions analyzer checks out fine for the usergroup.

I tried creating a test user and made them an Administrator. Running into the same error on that account as well, yet it works fine on my main one, strange stuff...

I'm still on XF 1.2.0 so perhaps I'll try upgrading to the latest and see if that solves it.

This is the standard message for content that was detected as spam. (Since signatures don't support moderation, they have to be rejected.) Check your spam phrases or Akismet options -- one of those will be triggering it (unless there's another add-on at play).

This is the standard message for content that was detected as spam. (Since signatures don't support moderation, they have to be rejected.) Check your spam phrases or Akismet options -- one of those will be triggering it (unless there's another add-on at play).

Hey Mike, thanks. Turns out it was Akismet - removing my API key did the trick. Is there any way I can leave Akismet enabled while avoiding these rejection messages on signatures? Being able to whitelist a domain or phrase would work, I don't see an option to do this though.

Bear in mind this only affects people that are being hit by the spam trigger (so with only a few posts).

But unfortunately no, unless you can do some configuration in Akismet itself. It's just returning a false positive (from your perspective).

Top Bottom