New to XenForo... like what I see

tcmw

Hey guys ... I am new to XenForo... been browsing this site for a few months now and really like what I have seen so far. I have been with vBulletin for 11 years now and have been happy with them for the majority of the time.

In short... I run vB 3.8.7 PL3 with a forum that consists of 220k posts, 1200 members, and 12k threads. I have no desire to upgrade to their 4 or 5 platforms so if/when I upgrade it could be to XenForo.

1) How easy/difficult would it be to migrate all of my data over 100%? How much would it costs for it to be done for me by XenForo techs.

2) Styling... in comparision to 3.8.7 is styling easier? Are there skins available (free or paid) to where I could differentiate my forum's look from the stock XenForo look?

3) I use the vB favorite mod, "Post Thanks" is this modification available here? I notice there is a similar "Like" mod here... if Post Thanks isn't available can my "Thanks" stats be merged then used with the likes mod on XenForo?

4) Can twitter posts be embeded into post/threads on xenforo?

5) Learning curve between vB and XF?

Just trying to learn as much as I can in case I decide to change software.

Hey guys ... I am new to XenForo... been browsing this site for a few months now and really like what I have seen so far. I have been with vBulletin for 11 years now and have been happy with them for the majority of the time.

In short... I run vB 3.8.7 PL3 with a forum that consists of 220k posts, 1200 members, and 12k threads. I have no desire to upgrade to their 4 or 5 platforms so if/when I upgrade it could be to XenForo.

1) How easy/difficult would it be to migrate all of my data over 100%? How much would it costs for it to be done for me by XenForo techs. xenForo do not offer professional imports, however a xenForo user may be willing to carry it out for a fee. The fee would vary.

2) Styling... in comparision to 3.8.7 is styling easier? Are there skins available (free or paid) to where I could differentiate my forum's look from the stock XenForo look? Styles are available in the resource manager, and I believe that xenForo styling is easy.

3) I use the vB favorite mod, "Post Thanks" is this modification available here? I notice there is a similar "Like" mod here... if Post Thanks isn't available can my "Thanks" stats be merged then used with the likes mod on XenForo? The vBulletin importer imports post thanks as likes.

4) Can twitter posts be embeded into post/threads on xenforo? An addon would be needed.

5) Learning curve between vB and XF? Depends. I learnt quite quickly, but I'm quite technically advanced so...

Just trying to learn as much as I can in case I decide to change software.

I suggest you try the admin demo. http://xenforo.com/demo :)

Top Bottom