New Thread Limit

New Thread Limit 1.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

New Thread Limit - Limits the number of new threads a member can create in a given amount of time.

Description:

Limits the number of new threads a member can create in a given amount of time.

This is useful to prevent a spammer creating thousands of threads on your forum in a short time.

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 78954
Features:
  • Removes Create New Thread button if maximum is reached.
  • Prevents direct URL access to create threads if maximum is reached.
  • Allows Flooding Check to be disabled (set to 0).
Installation:
  1. ...

Read more about this resource...

Did not work for me ;(

ONUyqgn.png

Thanks for the plugin it is working perfectly, maybe a nice feauture for the upcoming versions: to show the users how much threads they have left to post..

This is a useful plugin, thanks AndyB as always. A few suggestions:

If the plugin could specify the reason why members can't post another thread - IE: Sorry but you have exceeded your new thread limit for this 1 day.
If the plugin could also have flood protection for new threads. Much like Xenforos post flood timer. I would like to be able to set new threads to have to be 5 minutes apart.

Member can not open a new xyz amount of thread in xyz days, but can we stop posting reply to other threads too?

Excellent add-on as usual.

I have a request. Would it be possible to inform they've reached the new thread limit?

Currently, the "Create new thread" button just disappears, and I think that it might be a bit confusing for the users.

A message informing that that they are unable to create a new thread within X days and X hours would be very useful.

Top Bottom