• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
New Thread Limit

New Thread Limit 1.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

New Thread Limit - Limits the number of new threads a member can create in a given amount of time.

Description:

Limits the number of new threads a member can create in a given amount of time.

This is useful to prevent a spammer creating thousands of threads on your forum in a short time.

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 78954
Features:
  • Removes Create New Thread button if maximum is reached.
  • Prevents direct URL access to create threads if maximum is reached.
  • Allows Flooding Check to be disabled (set to 0).
Installation:
  1. ...
Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the plugin it is working perfectly, maybe a nice feauture for the upcoming versions: to show the users how much threads they have left to post..

upnet

This is a useful plugin, thanks AndyB as always. A few suggestions:

If the plugin could specify the reason why members can't post another thread - IE: Sorry but you have exceeded your new thread limit for this 1 day.
If the plugin could also have flood protection for new threads. Much like Xenforos post flood timer. I would like to be able to set new threads to have to be 5 minutes apart.

DroidOne

Excellent add-on as usual.

I have a request. Would it be possible to inform they've reached the new thread limit?

Currently, the "Create new thread" button just disappears, and I think that it might be a bit confusing for the users.

A message informing that that they are unable to create a new thread within X days and X hours would be very useful.