Implemented New Reviews

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Now that (potentially) Resource Manager reviews may have some more substance behind them, I have been thinking recently that it actually might be a nice touch to have a page which lists them all in date order with pagination and the author response if any.

Maybe a "New Reviews" tab in the Find New pages? If not, there is certainly enough room, at least, on the nav tab links bar.

Last edited:
Upvote 21
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Now that (potentially) Resource Manager reviews may have some more substance behind them, I have been thinking recently that it actually might be a nice touch to have a page which lists them all in date order with pagination and the author response if any.

Maybe a "New Reviews" tab in the Find New pages? If not, there is certainly enough room, at least, on the nav tab links bar.
Good idea.

The development of the RM is unfortunately insufficient.

Ah ok. Good suggestion (y)

Might be worth having yours closed off as a duplicate as this one currently has more likes.

Perhaps you and @Shelley would like my post?

I'm surprised that resource reviews don't appear in recent activity.

Resource likes do but reviews don't.

I'm surprised this hasn't been prefixed "Duplicate". Also surprised at the number of "likes" compared to the original. Wonder why that is.

Right. But marking this as a duplicate seems counter productive. If the common desire is to have this feature implemented then in my opinion it would be best for this one to remain current as this thread currently garners the most support.

Of course the big problem here is I obviously didn't search properly when I made this thread for which I am sorry for that. But just as you and erich are, I'm keen to see this implemented and this thread is currently most reflective of people's desire to see this implemented.

I agree the order of things is slightly inconsistent. But actually it's not. The thread with the least number of likes is typically the one marked as duplicate. That is usually the newest thread. On this occasion however it just so happens to be the oldest thread.

Right. But marking this as a duplicate seems counter productive. If the common desire is to have this feature implemented then in my opinion it would be best for this one to remain current as this thread currently garners the most support.

Of course the big problem here is I obviously didn't search properly when I made this thread for which I am sorry for that. But just as you and erich are, I'm keen to see this implemented and this thread is currently most reflective of people's desire to see this implemented.

I agree the order of things is slightly inconsistent. But actually it's not. The thread with the least number of likes is typically the one marked as duplicate. That is usually the newest thread. On this occasion however it just so happens to be the oldest thread.

I agree, it is counter productive and there have been many instances where a newer suggestion was presented better and gained more traction. Why? because it explained the suggestion in more detail rather than the sloppy original suggestion but the better presented suggestions always got moved and marked up duplicated.

I'm just responding because I was tagged, and I believe if other suggestions got moved, this one should also, for consistency.

This isn't the first time a later suggestion has garnered more likes than the original and the original has been marked as a duplicate.

This is only ever done when the original has much fewer first post likes, as is the case here.

Good suggestion Chris, I'm sure now it'll be included at some point in the RM but to argue the consistency debate further would be a waste of time since the decision has been set in concrete.

I've tried to find where I can see all the reviews I've personally made. Is there such a thing? How do we keep track of reviews from ourselves and that of others?

I'd like to see recent reviews:
  • On the profile (all reviews made by that user - could help combat review spam)
  • In the recent activity
  • On the what's new page under a new tab for new resource content
  • In the resource manager under a new tab "Recently Reviewed"

The "Recent Reviews" for the Resource-Manager could be similar to your "Recent Comments" in the left sidebar of the "Media Gallery".

:cool:

With XF getting so popular and so many suggestion threads out there it would make sense to have a 'Merge first post likes' feature implemented which can be toggled on when meging threads.

That way multiple threads could be merged over a long period of time, all the while accumulating the first post likes and thereby providing a much more accurate representation of which suggestions are popular when the threads are ordered by first post likes.

The current system means many likes or votes are potentially lost and not accounted for.

Top Bottom