XF 1.5 New registrations not accepted at this time

Maarten23

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that comes up often. When a new user want to registrate the software gives them a screen that new registrations are not accepted at this time.
I can't find where this problem comes from. I searched on the forum here but i can't find any topic that could help me with this problem.

Could anyone help me figure out this problem. Because when i try to registrate myself it works fine.

Last edited:
If it happens randomly then it is possibly add-on related.

The first step would be to disable all add-ons and test in a default style.

You can also try searching for the phrase to see which add-on it is related to.

The only way that I think that that can happen, is if the registration is disabled. But since you can register, then that is out of the question. Can you please post here the link to your forum?

If it happens randomly then it is possibly add-on related.

The first step would be to disable all add-ons and test in a default style.

You can also try searching for the phrase to see which add-on it is related to.
It's completly random as far as i know.
It could be a problem with some kind of add-on.
How can i search for the phrase wich add-on is the problem?

The only way that I think that that can happen, is if the registration is disabled. But since you can register, then that is out of the question. Can you please post here the link to your forum?
Exactly, the forum takes new registrations. So that setting should be fine.

The screenshot i attached is a shot that i got from a new user that had the problem.
It's in dutch but it says that new registrations are not accepted at the moment.
The url is Dreamreef.nl

image.webp

A great! Thanks. I never knew where that was for.
I found the frase and it says it is new_registrations_currently_not_being_accepted. But i don't know what tot do with it to find out which add-on is the problem.

What add on was that particular phrases assigned to? That will show up on the search.

Another method is to disable all add ons and then re enable them one at a time until you localise the one that is causing the problem.

That's a core XF phrase - you can tell as it's not associated with an add-on.

So that goes back to my previous comment that there must be something at play to cause random failures.

I had this issue pop up and it was a spam addon that had an option to block registrations where users were using a proxy - could be related for you?

What add on was that particular phrases assigned to? That will show up on the search.

Another method is to disable all add ons and then re enable them one at a time until you localise the one that is causing the problem.
It's not related to any add-on like Paul said. That's all that it showes in the screen.
But all the add-ons are up and running at the moment and i don't get the error. So that's why i can't find out where the problem is.

It could be spam related indeed. I searched for the settings and found the settings on the screenshots. The amount of flags is 3 and the other one says it requires a admin to approve.
But i found another setting but i don't know the translation for it. It's the setting you give someone you want to "irritate" and not give a ban yet. So they get al sort of problems with the forum. I think you call it discourage.
There is a setting in "user registrations" that allows the admin to reject discouraged ip adresses and give the the screen "new_registrations_currently_not_being_accepted"
So it seems to be a problem like you guys said with something like this or spam.

Top Bottom