1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest New Quotas

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Closed Suggestions' started by Maxxamillion, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Active Member

My suggestion would be to add quotes for embedded content

Restricted media items being added per day, make quotas per user group for embedded media

want to be able to link these quotas with ranks, so the more content they provide to the forum the more space they get to add video content to the site. More reason to stick around more reason to post and be involved with the community

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    51463 and 0ptima like this.
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

If there was to be quotas for the number of embedded media, then there would have to be also for number of uploaded media too (not just filesize limit).

Note I'm just pointing this out, I'm not personally supporting this suggestion. If you start limiting number of media added a day, then next it would be a limit on posts per day, threads per day, profile posts per day, likes per day and so on.

3. Maxxamillion

well for the niche i run having a limit per day or per usergroup helps the spam issue of people posting their video content. especially newer members who like to post like 500000000 per day :)

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

What's to stop them just spamming posts with their video content? Or are you going to suggest a limit function is also added for this?

5. Maxxamillion

We dont allow video content to be posted in the forums unless it non advertising

6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

So how do you prevent it?

7. Maxxamillion

moderators, and people are generally quite good at following rule sets. We have a few that have no idea

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Then I think you have your answer here for members adding too much content to your gallery - moderation. Continued spammers can then have all gallery content moderated (using the XFMG permission for this) or even banned from the gallery if necessary.

9. Maxxamillion

yes but i wanted to link these quotas with ranks, so the more content they provide to the forum the more space they get to add video content to the site. More reason to stick around more reason to post and be involved with the community
    (guess ill add that to my OP)