Implemented New Profile Posts -> Post Status

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
That does make sense, what if it was a button in the block heading similar to the icon for "interact"? The hover can say "Update Your Status" or "Post Status" or something.

Users have no problems in realising this is for posting status updates rather than replying to other status updates.

That's been my experience too - and it would complete the set! ;)

Besides, the update form is already there (at the bottom) when you hover over your username - but no one ever seems to use it; bringing it to the front page would hopefully bring it into more common use. (y)

If it's not too much work, I think it would be interesting to see if in use here, to see whether people do misuse it, and then judge from that as to whether people would use it incorrectly.

I think it'd be a nice additional touch.

The biggest concern I have there is people attempting to reply via that.
Although my site is full of children, so my experience is different to most forum owners, I can actually confirm this happens in practice... on profiles themselves. This happens even after I locked the comment box open on profiles and gave it a placeholder, so it literally mimics Facebook.

That said, the ability to put it on the profile block itself would be a useful addition, just so long as the placeholder was "Update your status" or something like that. I think it's an intuitive feature to enough of the populace that would be using it that it's still worth adding, even if some people are too lazy to read...

Good stuff. It does look out of place in the block though, some styling or a border bottom would look better.

I applied class "secondaryContent" to it to get the border, the background color doesn't look good but you get the idea...

Untitled.webp

The limit but significantly increases should be on at least 500 and this images upload permission who can see the message, in a profile last disable and parts comments for a message.

Good stuff. It does look out of place in the block though, some styling or a border bottom would look better.

I applied class "secondaryContent" to it to get the border, the background color doesn't look good but you get the idea...

View attachment 80552
The new option is exactly what I have with Widget Framework except that one is at the bottom. I think I prefer it at the top.

I don't mind the background colour of the active box (again it's what I'm used to). The bottom border does make it look better.

The limit but significantly increases should be on at least 500 and this images upload permission who can see the message, in a profile last disable and parts comments for a message.
I'm not entirely sure what you are saying (the translation isn't good). Profile posts have a 140 character limit (replies have more) - if you want it increased that should be a separate suggestion. I don't know what you are saying about uploading images? You can't upload them in profile posts.

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying (the translation isn't good). Profile posts have a 140 character limit (replies have more) - if you want it increased that should be a separate suggestion. I don't know what you are saying about uploading images? You can't upload them in profile posts.

Sorry for Translate is from Google-Bing.
Yes the 140 charter Limit is not good!! Picture Upload were very nice!

Top Bottom