XF 2.2 New posts widget no longer showing to guests?

cdub

I could have sworn that before when I had a new posts widget that was set to unread it'll show latest posts for guests... but now the widget just isn't showing for guests? Any idea what I messed up?

Switched to vanilla default style so it's not the style causing it. I checked the unregistered permissions and everything seems fine. Guest can view new posts but for some reason the widget isn't showing up. Very strange.

Assuming third party add-ons and styles are not involved, there are only three things which can affect this.

1. Guests don't have permission to view the posts.
2. The widget display conditions are set to not show to guests.
3. The read marking data lifetime value is causing posts older than that to not be shown.

Assuming third party add-ons and styles are not involved, there are only three things which can affect this.

1. Guests don't have permission to view the posts.
2. The widget display conditions are set to not show to guests.
3. The read marking data lifetime value is causing posts older than that to not be shown.
Yeah that's what's strange as none of those three are the case. But I think I figured it out.

The most recent 10 posts are posts only myself and my writer can see as they are in a private forum. So nothing shows for guests (although other new posts that aren't in the private forum should show)

Set Maximum entries to 20 and I see 20 new posts and it works normally.

Set it to 5 and it shows nothing. Bug?

That's just how it works.

The content is fetched first and then permissions are applied.

Create separate widgets for your private content and guests, filtering out that forum.

Top Bottom