XF 1.5 New Posts/What's New/Recent Posts suddenly not working

ExpatIndo

Hi,

I've tried to search for a solution on this forum but can't find anything (apologies if I missed it).

Last night, everything worked fine.

This morning, clicking on New Posts or What's New when logged in returns no result, despite new threads/posts having been created.

Same if logged out, nothing under "Recent Posts".

We do have a a Widget with Latest Posts which is working correctly.

Any idea?

Well I've checked cpanel. I was on PHP 7.0 so I' switched to 7.2 and now everything works as expected. Probably the reason is what Slavik said.

I have a feeling that an update was rolled out to cpanel and they didnt restart the php process.

If you wouldnt mind could you try swapping back and see if the issue still exists?

If it does, can you restart php from WHM if you have the ability to do so and see if it resolves. Though I think this is triggered automatically on version swapping, so switching back may just work now.

I did and this is what they said:

We haven't made any changes over the past 48 hours but it's possible minor versions changed due to automated updates, though I wouldn't expect this to cause any compatibility issues. Major versions are not upgraded automatically. It might help to try a different PHP version (this can be selected in the cPanel -> MultiPHP area). Does the plugin itself update automatically perhaps? I don't see any errors in the error_log file concerning this issue so it doesn't seem to be encountering any problems with the syntax or anything of that sort. If you can dissect the code of the plugin to find what query it is running to pull the new posts on the New Posts page, it might help with troubleshooting by running the same query in phpMyAdmin and examining the results.

Top Bottom