XF 2.2 "What's New" not matching "New Posts"

oldford

I've set up a test forum and the "What's New" link is not working as expected.

When I click "What's New" often nothing will display. But if I click "New posts" then New posts will show.

I would expect "What's New" would show anything new, so if "New Posts" shows something new, then "What's New" should show the same.

Is that not correct?

If you didn't touch configuration it might be necessary for you to open a support ticket as I somewhat doubt peer to peer support will lead to (quick) progress here.

Bottom line:
The widget should always show 10 threads if there are at least 10 threads that can be accessed by the visitor.
If it does not smth. is most likely misconfigured.

Thank you again everyone for slogging through this with me.

The problem was I had no widgets showing in the "What's new: Overview" page. That's why I was getting zero results because that page was literally blank.

I now have it configured back to the default settings shown below and it's working as expected.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time. I must have messed with the position of the widgets and didn't realize I had removed all widgets from the "what's new" page.

1636324591138.webp

Yup, you all were right and I was wrong. No argument from me there. :oops:

I thought you were asking if I created a widget, which I didn't. I do not remember unchecking the boxes for where those widgets showed up, although clearly I did at some point.

Top Bottom