XF 1.5 New Posts Post/Max Posts/Pagination

Live Free

As I understand it, the new posts page shows all new posts since a users last session unless the post is thirty days old or older.

On my forum it seems that there is a limit to six pages in the new posts pagination, even though more than six pages are new. If a user visits the new posts page with, say, 15 pages of new posts, leaves the page, then returns, it will show six more pages. However, a user can't view past page six.

Any idea why this is? Can I increase the number of new posts per page or the total number of pages?

It will fetch up to the "Maximum Number of Search Results" number of threads. This will then be limited down by permissions, so users may see viewer than that number. Increasing that number will show them further pages.

@Mike do I need to run a cron job or any sort of update for this to take effect? I adjusted the max number of results but it still shows the old max in the actual results. Also, what is the recommended max (I'm on a dedicated server)?

You'd need to run a new request. I checked your site and had 15 pages.

There isn't really a recommended max. The larger the value, though, the more work that has to be done here and with searches. I probably wouldn't go over 1000.

Top Bottom