XF 2.0 New Page with completely custom content

Broe

Hi All together,

I currently have a .php site which I have secured with a .htaccess file. Now I'd like to fully integrate this custom site into the forum.
Perfect way would be to add a new menu item "mycustompage" right next to "Members" in the top navigation bar. Each user in group "custom page" is allowed to see that page, all other users are not allowed to view that site.

Is that "easy" possible? Which steps do I need to follow? Currently it's an index.php file, which itself includes some other .php files, but basically the page is very simple.

Thank you for your help! It would be awesome to get this page included :D

BR,
thowi

You would really need to implement this within the XenForo system, rather than a separate PHP file (though there are some options there).

You could create a new page node to house the content. This would then give you full node-level permission control. You'd use the PHP callback option to load your extra content and use that to reference the content in the template HTML. To get it to show up in the navigation, you'd add it as a node type to the public navigation manager (which would automatically only show it when users had permission).

You could create a new page node to house the content. This would then give you full node-level permission control ... To get it to show up in the navigation, you'd add it as a node type to the public navigation manager (which would automatically only show it when users had permission).
Yes, that sounds perfectly and is fully system integrated. Got it.

You'd use the PHP callback option to load your extra content and use that to reference the content in the template HTML
Okay - my index.html is basically regular HTML and I have <? php...?> parts in it. So it then should be quite easy to just copy-paste the whole index.html content into the "Template HTML" box of the new page note... right?

You can't use PHP in a page node - only XF syntax and HTML/CSS.

You would need to use the callback option for the PHP component.

Top Bottom