XF 1.4 New Install

VinnyS

Hi

Just completed a new install and all the images are not showing up all the url's seem to be in place any thoughts??

Thank You
Vinny

Attachments

• noimages.webp
    noimages.webp
    7 KB · Views: 8
Then it sounds like either you haven't uploaded the images or it's server related, in which case you should contact your host.

You may also need to chown them, although I shouldn't think so.

Hi Brogan

Found the problem!! OK not sure what you use for an FTP software I use File Zilla now in File Zilla you have three file transfer types you have Auto, ASCII and Binary my software for uploading files was set to ASCII for some reason it corrupted every image file that I uploaded so I changed the setting to Binary and now I have all the image file working!!!! This may be one to keep on the books if anyone has this problem........

Thank You
Vinny

Never use Filezilla is my advice.

I'm confused though, why was Filezilla involved if your original move was done on the same server?

Hi Brogan
Filezilla was not involved in the first and not sure what happened?? However in the new install I used Filezilla and that's were the problem stems from not sure what really going on but I have my images back!! Brogan what FTP software do you use??

Vinny

I've used Filezilla on Linux for years without issue on both vB and XF installs/updates.
Transfers are set to auto,

What issues have you seen with FZ @Brogan?
I notice that you advise against it many threads here that stem from upload issues.

Random failures related to ghost transfers, etc.

Both personally and by others in support threads and tickets.

The latest issue was a bug which was introduced last week randomly causing files to have incorrect perms.

I've never had an issue since switching to WinSCP.

Top Bottom