Implemented "New" image.

Shelley

Not sure whether this looks right. Personally, I think the bolded indicator stating a new post is sufficient. To me, the "new" indicator image in the postbit is overkill not to mention very hard to read. This especially applies when the "new" indicator shows inside quotes, it just doesn't look right and is especially harder to read and also looks crammed (perhaps some padding applied) or the image made smaller but it's removal would be better imo.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Y'know Shelley, I never even saw the "new" image til you mentioned it here. I agree, it is very hard to see.

I was just about to post a similar thread myself. The image is not very clear, but I am unsure at the moment what would be a better alternative.

The new image will change. I believe Kier said in another post that "it'd be hit with an ugly stick".

(It's not actually an image right now. And if you view it in IE, the text is even less readable as there's no shadow.)

Thanks for the reply mike. I just think that a better placement (if it is kept) should be discussed (removed would be better of course but if kept def a better placement for this should be found/explored. Again, thanks for the response.

Me again, Did a mockup and thought the "go to first unread" visual how it would look replacing the "new" image in quotes and posts themselves. I just find it extremely hard to read even though I know what the indicator conveys. I'm positive you'll do a lot better but it gives you the idea whilst keeping visual consistency.

Attachments

• Image_new.webp
    Image_new.webp
    11 KB · Views: 30
Personally I don't see the need for the "new" image.

In a post it's very difficult to see.

new.webp

It was several days before I even noticed it...

Me again, Did a mockup and thought the "go to first unread" visual how it would look replacing the "new" image in quotes and posts themselves. I just find it extremely hard to read even though I know what the indicator conveys. I'm positive you'll do a lot better but it gives you the idea whilst keeping visual consistency.

That is actually a pretty nice mockup. Would totally beat the current image.

Slight misreading - I said it had been hit with the ugly stick - the expression implying that once it looked nice but then it was smacked around and ended up grotty-looking.

Regardless, it's scheduled for termination and replacement with a younger, more nubile model.

Can I suggest that it doesn't appear inside the quote borders? When it does that, it kinda implies that the quote is new (whatever that means), rather than the entire post.

Top Bottom