1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Host

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by xmannj2, Apr 2, 2013.

1. xmannj2

xmannj2 Member

Hello,
    I recently just purchased a new host and I am unsure of what I am supposed to do. So I went into FTP and removed all the files that were originally there and added a directory called "public_html" I then copied all the files from my old website and pasted them into the new one. I edited the config.php like FAQ said.

When I try to connect to the website it says "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access / on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

If anyone knows what I did wrong to transfer these files then please let me know.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you establish the web root? Make sure you can upload files and access them from a URL. If not then you may be uploading the files to the wrong directory or using the wrong URL. It is important to establish this first.

3. xmannj2

xmannj2 Member

I'm pretty sure I am using the right directory and URL. Here is a picture of what my directory looks like on FTP.
    [​IMG]
    Am I supposed to create another directory to get a web root? or is this correct?

4. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

This is normally created by the hosting company. What exactly did you delete?