New Host

xmannj2

Hello,
I recently just purchased a new host and I am unsure of what I am supposed to do. So I went into FTP and removed all the files that were originally there and added a directory called "public_html" I then copied all the files from my old website and pasted them into the new one. I edited the config.php like FAQ said.

When I try to connect to the website it says "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access / on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

If anyone knows what I did wrong to transfer these files then please let me know.

Did you establish the web root? Make sure you can upload files and access them from a URL. If not then you may be uploading the files to the wrong directory or using the wrong URL. It is important to establish this first.

I'm pretty sure I am using the right directory and URL. Here is a picture of what my directory looks like on FTP.
root_zpsfa2fc0ed.png

Am I supposed to create another directory to get a web root? or is this correct?

Top Bottom