XF 1.4 New help page issue

Zynektic

Hi there,

So I was watching the videos here which seemed pretty easy and created my own help page but when clicking on it I am taken to the main forum URL domain.com rather than domain.com/help/terms I have attached a screenshot of how it was set up which is the same as the video explains. I noticed the URL goes to domain.com/help/terms/ rather than domain.com/help/terms like the other URLs if that makes any difference.

I am using CTA Featured Threads as a home page so my forum goes to /forums but the domain for help pages is domain.com/help/ so that should not be an issue.

Any ideas?

Well as per my attachment, I have the same thing set up so not sure what the issue is. My add-ons adding help pages direct to the right place but when I add one it just goes to the domain.com URL. I have SSL if that makes any difference or not?

Sorry, added now.

In the URL part I have 'terms' only but for some reason it is adding a / at the end which seems to be causing my redirection to kick in and take it to domain.com. There is no / in the URL portion so not sure why it is adding this in.

Attachments

• terms.webp
    terms.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 6
This could be classed as an XF bug (but I doubt it) as if the option is set to 'No terms and rules', the code loads the index page:
PHP:
    public function actionTerms()
    {
        $options = XenForo_Application::get('options');

if (!$options->tosUrl['type'])
        {
            return $this->responseRedirect(
                XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::RESOURCE_CANONICAL_PERMANENT,
                XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('index')
            );
        }
        else if ($options->tosUrl['type'] == 'custom')
        {
            return $this->responseRedirect(
                XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::RESOURCE_CANONICAL_PERMANENT,
                $options->tosUrl['custom']
            );
        }

return $this->_getWrapper('terms',
            $this->responseView('XenForo_ViewPublic_Help_Terms', 'help_terms')
        );
    }

So even if you have a custom help page with a route of 'terms', it will always load the index page, in this case the FT page.

Change the index page route back to forums/and the same will happen with the forum index.

Although it really makes no sense disabling the default route only to set another identical one.
Why are you attempting to do it?

Well I am half asleep so never tried another URL Portion but since I can use something else and it works then that is fine for now but glad that was found, thanks for checking.

Top Bottom