New Harry Potter movie, what did you think?

Dark Matter

Watched the last Harry Potter movie the other day. I enjoyed it, but was expecting better I think from it. I won't say more, so as to not spoil it for people not seeing it yet. But for those who have seen it already.

What did you think?

Is was a good movie, don't mean to say it was bad. I don't know, I can't say much without spoiling things for others. Some parts we're lacking I though, that's all I can really say. :confused:

I've not seen part 2 yet, but someone told me they missed out a pretty important factor of it.
Highlight bottom right if you've seen it/want to know what they missed:
Harry didn't repair his own wand with the Elder wand

EDIT: I didn't highlight all your text the first time around when replying, so I've edited my reply now after seeing what you mean.

Hmm, no he didn't. To be honest I've forget why he would need to do that anyway? But, and this is a slight spoiler below if you highlight the hidden text between the brackets.

"Harry at the start of the film has two wands that are not his and questions the wand shop man about the true owners of them. He is told, and also told that one of the wands has changed alliance from it's original owner (the wand picks the person, not the person picks the wand). I presume he used that one, and the man meant the wand has changed alliance to Harry now. Another part in the film later does indicate clearly that is the case when he wants it back from Harry."

After being bored and almost asleep in part 1, I was kinda skeptical about part 2.

But part 2 really surprised me. Very nice pace with time to consume all the drama and character emotions - something the first part totally lacked. Part 2 was a ton better than part 1. Surprisingly the whole thing was quite true to the book too with minor changes that were totally acceptable and fun.

A good ending to this great series.

After being bored and almost asleep in part 1, I was kinda skeptical about part 2.

But part 2 really surprised me. Very nice pace with time to consume all the drama and character emotions - something the first part totally lacked. Part 2 was a ton better than part 1. Surprisingly the whole thing was quite true to the book too with minor changes that were totally acceptable and fun.

A good ending to this great series.

I agree with you there, having seen all the Potter movies I thought Part1 of Deathly Hallows was the worst film of the bunch. Again, it was obvious in Part 2 that they tried to cram as much into it as possible, this was the fastest paced movie of the series.

Those who have not seen it, but watch the rest should. There are some surprises in store that you just won't expect.

I enjoyed it. I thought they didn't do a very good job aging the characters properly at the very end, however.

I saw part one last night. Snoozefest.

Part one was all types of boring. Get past it and Part two will dazzle you. Essentially Part 1 was all talk and explaining things that you didn't care about. Part 2 is basically epic magic war showdown explosion michael bay destruction. Throw a little sadness in there too because it's done :(.

I thought it was overall very good. Though the pacing was a little too perfect for a film that is meant to be the final installment of a 10 year old series. I thought they could have embellished a lot more in certain key areas, especially towards the conclusion. Too many plot twists / significant expositions were presented in too short of a time.

I saw part one last night. Snoozefest.

Honestly, don't be put off by Part 1 from watching Part 2. Even I think that was a very poor Potter movie, the worst of the bunch and not a good example to show what you can expect from the final Part 2.

I enjoyed it. I thought they didn't do a very good job aging the characters properly at the very end, however.

I know exactly what you mean.

I can't honestly say I've watched any of the Harry Potter movies, though I expect that kids and the younger folk of the world would enjoy wizards prancing around, riding on broomsticks. :love:

I can't honestly say I've watched any of the Harry Potter movies, though I expect that kids and the younger folk of the world would enjoy wizards prancing around, riding on broomsticks. :love:

You'll be surprised, even "Kier" has watched at least one Potter movie. And I very much doubt he's 12 years old driving a BMW M3? :whistle:

Top Bottom