New Harry Potter movie, what did you think?

One let down for me in this last Potter movie was the Horcrux scenes, more than one are destroyed in it. Now usually when you destroy one bad things happen afterwards with spells attached to them. That side of things was lacking I thought in this movie, and it was an interesting aspect to the potter films to see what happens when one is destroyed.

But weren't a lot of Horcrux also got destroyed in the last book alone? I kinda remember it was actually that way.

I think the way the movie ended has actually left it wide open for there to be another new Harry Potter series in the making. If you've seen the film, think about what it showed you at the very end?

Hint - "children on a train".

Kier - could be in for more of the good stuff! (y)

I think the way the movie ended has actually left it wide open for there to be another new Harry Potter series in the making. If you've seen the film, think about what it showed you at the very end?

Hint - "children on a train".

Kier - could be in for more of the good stuff! (y)
Shes already stated that shes working on a new book.

Disappointing. Seven bloody movies lead up this. Seven! You would think with that kind of a build-up, their final one on one battle should have been epic, not anemic. It was rubbish.

As for the rumor about a new book, its false. http://www.popeater.com/2011/04/26/daniel-radcliffe-harry-potter/

All and all, the Half Blood Prince was the best movie of the lot. Just glad to have it over.
"About Harry" is the keywords. Chances are she'll continue the Harry Potter series following his kids, or doing background on things mentioned in the previous books.

I believe she has already dismissed the idea of writing about the kids too. The only concrete idea she has mentioned is a "Potterverse Encyclopedia", donating the proceeds to charity.

I thought it was a great film (part 2). I disliked how some very key points from the book were left out, but that's a general criticism that has existed throughout the book to film translation of Potter.

Disappointing. Seven bloody movies lead up this. Seven! You would think with that kind of a build-up, their final one on one battle should have been epic, not anemic. It was rubbish.

As for the rumor about a new book, its false. http://www.popeater.com/2011/04/26/daniel-radcliffe-harry-potter/

All and all, the Half Blood Prince was the best movie of the lot. Just glad to have it over.
I'll agree with you right up to the Half Blood Prince assertion - upon which we will disagree, as I thought that Prisoner of Azkewhatever was a superior film - I was left completely baffled by the end of HBP, when seemingly out of the blue Snape came along with "Well of course I am the half blood prince you stupid boy" or some such - a fact of which there had been no hints or warnings of any merit, resulting in an emotional reaction (from me at least) of "So what? Why should I give a rat's..?"

I'll agree with you right up to the Half Blood Prince assertion - upon which we will disagree, as I thought that Prisoner of Azkewhatever was a superior film - I was left completely baffled by the end of HBP, when seemingly out of the blue Snape came along with "Well of course I am the half blood prince you stupid boy" or some such - a fact of which there had been no hints or warnings of any merit, resulting in an emotional reaction (from me at least) of "So what? Why should I give a rat's..?"

HBP was about making the audience think that Snape had indeed betrayed Dumbledore. The potions book with the secret formulas was the obvious hint that HBP would be Snape.

HBP was about making the audience think that Snape had indeed betrayed Dumbledore. The potions book with the secret formulas was the obvious hint that HBP would be Snape.
It was a pretty weak hint, and was given insufficient weight to draw attention to itself as an important plot point.

As with so much of the Harry Potter films, it seemed like just another tick-in-the-box for a story element summarily addressed before we plough on with more shallow banality.

I just can't see the fascination that people have with teenagers riding on broomsticks, casting spells and plucking yesterdays meal from dumbledwarfs beard (excuse my ignorance I'm not even sure what the characters name is). Maybe I'm just missing the whole point what the movie is trying to convey across to the public. #educateme

I should clarify - I don't have anything per-se against Harry Potter. Perhaps the books are really great - I don't know, I haven't read them. My sole objection is to the movies, which are in my opinion with a few minor exceptions - pants.

I just can't see the fascination that people have with teenagers riding on broomsticks, casting spells and plucking yesterdays meal from dumbledwarfs beard (excuse my ignorance I'm not even sure what the characters name is). Maybe I'm just missing the whole point what the movie is trying to convey across to the public. #educateme

Well maybe what I highlighted in red is the problem for you, that you have little to no imagination about things, you take everything too seriously. I would imagine you don't celebrate Halloween then, seeing as that's about things like witches and broomsticks. Just saying? :cautious:

Top Bottom