Lack of interest New Flag for Phrases + Templates

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
R

ragtek

XenForo deletes the master phrases & master templates from an add-on while the add-on upgrade.

Several add-ons (xenporta for the blocks, navbar manager for the tabs,..) creates dynamic own phrases + templates.
This phrases + templates aren't allowed to be associated to the add-on, because they would be lost while the upgrade.
So most coders (including me) let the add-on empty for the new phrase/template.

That's working fine, BUT the phrases/templates won't be deleted if i delete the add-on.
My first idea was, to set a "non existing add-on (for example: ragtek_formmanager_custom" as addon_id in the database for them.
And while tge deinstallation, the uninstall method would delete all phrases + templates associated to this add-on.

BUT wouldn't it be better to handle this via xf?
What about creating a own field in the phrase + template table, which can be set to true for this elements, and which wouldn't be touched while the add-on upgrade?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom