1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Feeds

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by jonsidneyb, Aug 14, 2010.

1. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I hope this is not too dumb of a question. I see something are going to be fed into it.

Are the owners going to easily be able to control what goes into these?

2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Sorry, not really sure what you're asking. Everyone's News Feed displays the most recent content posted by all users. Your news feed displays the most recent content posted by those you are following. :)

3. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

It was mentioned avatar changes would be in the news feed. I think that is great for some sites but I am thinking I would rather not have that. I could live with it but the option to block that one I think would be nice.

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I'm hoping it's just content, personally. But I agree that an option to control what actions appear in the feed(s) would be useful. :)

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There are no options controlling what content goes into the news feed.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Presumably your own privacy options stop certain of your own content and actions being visible in the news feed?

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah your privacy options stop them from appearing, but this was from an admin perspective of stopping them from being logged entirely.

Brogan likes this.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Ah OK, thanks for the clarification Mike.

9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Doesn't really concern/bother me. Less bloat. :)