New business name competition

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
My current business name is driving me mad. When I created it, it seemed like a realy witty and good name... but in the years its just driving me mad having to correct people on how to spell it.

Unfortunately... coming up with original names isn't something I can even pretend to be good at. So would like your help.

What does my company do?

Well my company is an umbrella/parent for several smaller companies. The simple way to explain it is if you need anything to do with IT you come to us, be it telecoms, webdesign, web hosting, server management, infrastructure design, pc upgrades, pc repair, maintainance contracts... you name it... we do it.

Businesses come to my company with the requirement, and then we sub-contract that work to other companies or individuals.

So....

Requirements:
It must be easy to give out over the phone, so if I say it once the customer will know how to type it into an email.

Hyphens are allowed

A related domain name in either .com or .co.uk must be available, both is a bonus.

The prize:
If I like your name enough to use it, $120 and another $40 if both .com and .co.uk domains are available ;)

Best of luck :)

IT1STOP ...you could do some cool graphics with a stop sign or 1 stop shop sort of logo.

.com and .co.uk are both available

Comprehensive Internet Solutions United Kingdom, Inc. CIS-Inc.com/net/org/uk.. all available.

"Hello, Thank you for calling CIS-UK." How can I help you?" (pronounced cee-i-es) via phone

Make check payable to XF or Sea Shepards LOL

? Are you asking if I support the Sea Shepards? You bet :)
Sorry not gonna highjack this thread. :D
No, I was asking if you were one of the Bob Barker crew members in 2010.

Back to the topic...

I've never understood the idea of needing a clever name, or even one that is about what you do instead of who you are. You are your brand. Your work ethic, training, skill, knowledge, intuition, and experience - all of these are unique to you. Brand yourself. Slavik Consulting & Services (or whatever your real name is) works. It stands the test of time.

"Novell Experts" has little meaning today. The UnixGURU fades for Linux. Anything with virtualization will give way to cloud. Sometime in the future, the clouds will part and give way to another new technology. If YOU are the brand, you can adapt and evolve and the industry does.

There's one other thing it does...

"Why do I do the best job possible? *The company name is MY name, the name of my family. I wouldn't soil the reputation built over generations by risking even one bad job performance."

No, I was asking if you were one of the Bob Barker crew members in 2010.

Back to the topic...

I've never understood the idea of needing a clever name, or even one that is about what you do instead of who you are. You are your brand. Your work ethic, training, skill, knowledge, intuition, and experience - all of these are unique to you. Brand yourself. Slavik Consulting & Services (or whatever your real name is) works. It stands the test of time.

"Novell Experts" has little meaning today. The UnixGURU fades for Linux. Anything with virtualization will give way to cloud. Sometime in the future, the clouds will part and give way to another new technology. If YOU are the brand, you can adapt and evolve and the industry does.

There's one other thing it does...

"Why do I do the best job possible? *The company name is MY name, the name of my family. I wouldn't soil the reputation built over generations by risking even one bad job performance."

Interesting points, Fred. And possibly difficult to dispute.

OTOH, if the owner wants to liquidate for profit one day, the company name is part of the equity of the operation and he may be selling the proud family name to a scoundrel.

Top Bottom