1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New business name competition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Slavik, May 14, 2012.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

My current business name is driving me mad. When I created it, it seemed like a realy witty and good name... but in the years its just driving me mad having to correct people on how to spell it.

Unfortunately... coming up with original names isn't something I can even pretend to be good at. So would like your help.

What does my company do?

Well my company is an umbrella/parent for several smaller companies. The simple way to explain it is if you need anything to do with IT you come to us, be it telecoms, webdesign, web hosting, server management, infrastructure design, pc upgrades, pc repair, maintainance contracts... you name it... we do it.

Businesses come to my company with the requirement, and then we sub-contract that work to other companies or individuals.

It must be easy to give out over the phone, so if I say it once the customer will know how to type it into an email.

Hyphens are allowed

A related domain name in either .com or .co.uk must be available, both is a bonus.

The prize:
    If I like your name enough to use it, $120 and another $40 if both .com and .co.uk domains are available ;)

Best of luck :)
    M@rc likes this.
  2. Jake Hakoda Shirley

Jake Hakoda Shirley Active Member

TechSavvySupport? Maybe Tech-Knology. :p
  3. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

IT1STOP ...you could do some cool graphics with a stop sign or 1 stop shop sort of logo.

.com and .co.uk are both available
  4. MikeJaquish

MikeJaquish Active Member

Hey, you offer the "Full Boat of services." Ergo, FullBoatIT.com and it appears to be available in .com and .co.uk

What fun! You flushed out a lurker!!

Make me a winner and I promise to spend the booty on a XenForo license!
    -GR- likes this.
  5. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I have one for you.

InTechProServ.com and .co.uk are both available.
  6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

.com is being squatted.
    .co.uk unregistered.
    .net .biz .org .us unregistered.
    MikeJaquish likes this.
  7. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Comprehensive Internet Solutions United Kingdom, Inc. CIS-Inc.com/net/org/uk.. all available.

"Hello, Thank you for calling CIS-UK." How can I help you?" (pronounced cee-i-es) via phone

Make check payable to XF or Sea Shepards LOL
  8. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Or change out Comprehensive to "Embrace" would be an easier logo to create as well.
  9. MikeJaquish

I'll see your umbrellaIT and raise you one BumbershootIT.com
    No worries, Slavik. I think you can ponder a while and BumbershootIT.com will still be on the rack waiting for ya!
  10. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Or Change out Embrace to Quantum. :)
  11. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

:Love ya Mike but Bumbershoot has sort of an alternative lifestyle vibe to me. LOL Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that but....:D
    MikeJaquish likes this.
  12. MikeJaquish

OP has the choice whether to embrace any and all market niches, right?
  13. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

LOL A paying customer is a paying customer.
  14. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

You're not that Gabby, are you?
  15. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

? Are you asking if I support the Sea Shepards? You bet :)

Sorry not gonna highjack this thread. :D
  16. Fred Sherman

No, I was asking if you were one of the Bob Barker crew members in 2010.

Back to the topic...

I've never understood the idea of needing a clever name, or even one that is about what you do instead of who you are. You are your brand. Your work ethic, training, skill, knowledge, intuition, and experience - all of these are unique to you. Brand yourself. Slavik Consulting & Services (or whatever your real name is) works. It stands the test of time.

"Novell Experts" has little meaning today. The UnixGURU fades for Linux. Anything with virtualization will give way to cloud. Sometime in the future, the clouds will part and give way to another new technology. If YOU are the brand, you can adapt and evolve and the industry does.

There's one other thing it does...

"Why do I do the best job possible? *The company name is MY name, the name of my family. I wouldn't soil the reputation built over generations by risking even one bad job performance."
    Digital Doctor and MikeJaquish like this.
  17. MikeJaquish

18. MikeJaquish

Interesting points, Fred. And possibly difficult to dispute.

OTOH, if the owner wants to liquidate for profit one day, the company name is part of the equity of the operation and he may be selling the proud family name to a scoundrel.
  19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

I wonder if you can register ID Ten T :)
  20. Fred Sherman

Its already registered. Apparently, it redirects to whitehouse.gov