XF 1.4 Need to reflect the server change, I think

Ed Shuck

My ISP moved my site from server1.he.net to server2.he.net to get to php 5.5.9 and mysql 5.5.40.

The move is complete with correct replies for all menu items except the forum. The forum is installed with no changes from the standard install. I have added the resource manager and mike's calendar 3.7.

My question is "Should I reinstall or is there some place to simply change an entry". I get, 'An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.'

The actual reason is this:
Code:
<!-- Mysqli prepare error: Table 'edshuck.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist -->

So it looks like the migration hasn't been performed successfully.

How did they move the database?
Ideally it should have been a dump and restore.

The actual reason is this:
Code:
<!-- Mysqli prepare error: Table 'edshuck.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist -->

So it looks like the migration hasn't been performed successfully.

How did they move the database?
Ideally it should have been a dump and restore.

Doesn't look like it was. I should have done a dump - my fault.
I will reinstall. I will rebuild. I will lose 9 members and a few posts to the calendar. There were No member posts.

They sent me the following and I was not paying attention.

"Please make sure that all of your MySQL tables are in myISAM format if you would like for those to get moved automatically. If you have any innoDB tables and you do not want to convert them
to myISAM, then you should make a database dump file so you can restore the tables after the move."

Thanks for the help.

Ed

Doesn't look like it was. I should have done a dump - my fault.
I will reinstall. I will rebuild. I will lose 9 members and a few posts to the calendar. There were No member posts.

They sent me the following and I was not paying attention.

"Please make sure that all of your MySQL tables are in myISAM format if you would like for those to get moved automatically. If you have any innoDB tables and you do not want to convert them
to myISAM, then you should make a database dump file so you can restore the tables after the move."

Thanks for the help.

Ed

OK My Apologies to ALL.

Now everything is working.

I got the message that I mentioned. Was on the phone not 10 minutes later with the isp and they had my "Board down for server change " message. Now it is all good.

I suspect it has something to do with activating/deactivating servers.

Thanks to all for your help.

Ed

Top Bottom