XF 1.5 Need to import bulk phrases into master (I think?), please help me understand phrase system

Yugensoft

So I have a large amount of phrases I need to port over for the add-on I'm making.

I tried just importing them into "English" with the language importer, but it seems that new XenForo_Phrase("...") won't recognize those. So they must be present in Master language, right?

However the Master language doesn't have an import option.

So I look at the phrase tables, but there are 3: xf_phrase, xf_phrase_compiled, xf_phrase_map. How are these related? Also how is the Master language tied to the English language?

Can someone explain how I might go about importing my bulk phrases into the Master language?

Thanks!

The master language isn't tied to any other of your language entries, independent if one of them is called English or not.

xf_phrase are, well, the phrases: All of master, and just the changed ones for the other languages.
xf_phrase_compiled are all phrases for all languages, ie. even the not changed ones have one copy for each language.
About the map table, no idea just now...

Ideally, you need to insert the phrases via the ACP interface or at least a script that does the same thing (through a data writer). There are multiple tables involved and data that will be dynamically set (such as the add-on version, if you attach them to an add-on).

Top Bottom