Need help with new xenforo forum

PokerApex

Hello,

We recently purchased a xenforo forum and had it installed but i have a couple of questions and cant get anyone from support to answer my emails. Some of these questions might be silly but i'm a newbie so bare with me. If I'm posting this in a wrong place or need to email someone directly please advice.

1. I would like to have the Forum Description displayed at all times without having to put my mouse over the title to display the descriptions (see attached file). Where do i go to do this?
2. I would like to post an FAQ with expandable questions and answers like is have here (http://www.pokerview.com/en/help/faq), can this be done?
3. Is there a way to integrate new users through my signup page. Let me explain. A player comes and signup up to my site "pokerview", he creates a username and password. Now is there anyway to link that username/password so he can login to the forum with the same info and not have to create a whole new user/pass just for the forum.
4. How to change the background color and i cant seem to locate that specific area (see attachement)

moz-screenshot.png

Thanks in advance for all of your help and suggestions

Attachments

• background-color.webp
    background-color.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 1
  • forum-description.webp
    forum-description.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
1. In the Admin Area click on Appearance > Styles > Flexile Purple > Style Property Groups In the drop down list choose the Property Group called Forum List. Check/Uncheck the first two options to your liking. Make sure you are using the style properties for the theme you are currently using.

2. You'd have to add some sort of jquery/js/css, I'm not sure do to that. It's more of a modifcation so you might request it in the request forums.
3. Yet again, I can't help you with that one. Sorry.
4. This is also another style property but I can't find that one right now. I'll look later if someone else doesn't find it before me.

Good luck! Welcome to XF! :)

Hello,

We recently purchased a xenforo forum and had it installed but i have a couple of questions and cant get anyone from support to answer my emails. Some of these questions might be silly but i'm a newbie so bare with me. If I'm posting this in a wrong place or need to email someone directly please advice.

1. I would like to have the Forum Description displayed at all times without having to put my mouse over the title to display the descriptions (see attached file). Where do i go to do this?
2. I would like to post an FAQ with expandable questions and answers like is have here (http://www.pokerview.com/en/help/faq), can this be done?
3. Is there a way to integrate new users through my signup page. Let me explain. A player comes and signup up to my site "pokerview", he creates a username and password. Now is there anyway to link that username/password so he can login to the forum with the same info and not have to create a whole new user/pass just for the forum.
4. How to change the background color and i cant seem to locate that specific area (see attachement)

moz-screenshot.png

Thanks in advance for all of your help and suggestions

Hi and welcome to xenforo :)

About your first question. Go to your Acp->Style Properties: Forum List and here untick the following option and save the changes: Enable Forum Descriptions Tooltips

About the second question, that can be done as well. There are a couple of guides here about that. I don''t know the links off the top of my head but you can find them at the Development Tutorials and Resources section.

About the third question, it will require a custom mod/modification to achive that. Hope that helps.

We recently purchased a xenforo forum and had it installed but i have a couple of questions and cant get anyone from support to answer my emails.
Just to mention, I don't see any tickets from you recently (at least that based on your customer name). I'm not sure how you've been submitting the tickets, but we haven't gotten them. :)

Top Bottom