XF 1.5 Need Help. Fatal Error: Memory Size Exhausted

LeaderJ

My site was displaying the following error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/ioncraft.org/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 276

I thought it might've been a bug in the software so I attempted to upgrade to 1.5.4 from 1.5.3, but now the error happens halfway through the upgrade, and I can no longer access the XenForo Admin CP. The website now displays as if it's closed for upgrading, but I can't complete the process.

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it? My website is currently hosted by Dreamhost if that matters.

Last edited:
That's hitting a memory limit in PHP. But when were you specifically getting that error before attempting to upgrade?

There isn't really a reason for this to happen when upgrading. Do you have a large number of styles or languages? Do you have debug mode enabled?

That's hitting a memory limit in PHP. But when were you specifically getting that error before attempting to upgrade?

There isn't really a reason for this to happen when upgrading. Do you have a large number of styles or languages? Do you have debug mode enabled?

I just logged in 12 hours later to attempt to complete the installation and it worked. And my website appears to be working again. I have no idea how or why. As for Styles, I only have one. I don't believe I have debug mode enabled because I'm not sure how to enable it! Must've been a fluke error or maybe an issue with the hosting company. Thanks for your assistance.

Top Bottom