XF 1.5 Need cron help to move users to new default style

Spartan

I created a new default style, but it appears many are still set to the previous default. I've posted a notice explaining the procedure to change to the new responsive mobile style (my old default wasn't responsive due to custom modifications), with little luck.

Bottom line: The old default is still liked by some, but most don't change to the new style because they don't understand the benefits, and/or they don't know how.

So ... I'm told a cron can be used to force everyone to the new default. How do set up a cron to get this done? Specifically, what is the code used to switch users from one style to another?

I created a new default style, but it appears many are still set to the previous default. I've posted a notice explaining the procedure to change to the new responsive mobile style (my old default wasn't responsive due to custom modifications), with little luck.

Bottom line: The old default is still liked by some, but most don't change to the new style because they don't understand the benefits, and/or they don't know how.

So ... I'm told a cron can be used to force everyone to the new default. How do set up a cron to get this done? Specifically, what is the code used to switch users from one style to another?
Try to disable all styles except the new default style. That should force all users to use the new default style.

Try to disable all styles except the new default style. That should force all users to use the new default style.

That doesn't seem to work for those who previously selected a style, rather than rely accept the default.

#1 Remove that style.
#2 Untick "Allow user selection"

Eliminating the style isn't an option for various reasons. I have thought of saving the style, deleting it for a few days, then uploading it again for the small number who still want it.

But I'm told a cron could accomplish what I'm looking for with one click.

That doesn't seem to work for those who previously selected a style, rather than rely accept the default.

Eliminating the style isn't an option for various reasons. I have thought of saving the style, deleting it for a few days, then uploading it again for the small number who still want it.

But I'm told a cron could accomplish what I'm looking for with one click.
That will simply set all users to style 2
Code:
UPDATE xf_user
SET style_id = 2;

Top Bottom