• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Need a PSD coded

Staxed

I was originally going to work on coding a psd I made by myself to help me learn the style system, but I've got too much on my plate at the moment right now so I wanted to see what it would cost me to have someone make the style for me.

I already have a layered PSD, just needs to be turned into a style. I'm also working on a second PSD that would probably end up in your lap as well if you do good on the first one.

Contact me with a price if interested.

I hate it when people workaround the phrase:
"I'm sorry, I'm not interested..."

We're not animals are we? We're not gonna hate someone for not doing something he doesn't want to...

That one doesn't bother me as much, better than saying "F off, I don't wanna do that" :) Just a bit of common curtesy.

That one doesn't bother me as much, better than saying "F off, I don't wanna do that" :) Just a bit of common curtesy.
Only time I can see someone legitimately saying that is when the work far outweighs the cost.

One person here contacted me to do a custom style which would have required rewriting nearly single template (CSS and HTML), and only wanted to pay $200 or so.

Only time I can see someone legitimately saying that is when the work far outweighs the cost.

One person here contacted me to do a custom style which would have required rewriting nearly single template (CSS and HTML), and only wanted to pay $200 or so.

I've had requests like that, but I still just say I'm not interested...with my luck sometimes, the first person I do something like that too (even if they deserve it) would decide to try and ruin my rep online, only person I've ever told to F off (well, not even that rude) was someone that told me to first :D

The problem with telling someone to eff off is you basically put yourself on their playing field. Remember playing with an ahole will get you crapped on eventually. As much as it sucks when someone is being self centered you have to just let them....so in my mind the best thing to do is stick to your guns. "Sorry I can't commit that much time for such a small investment comparatively" is quite clear at your intention and reasoning. If the person you were telling that to doesn't understand that...well doing a job for them is the kind of job that turns into a nightmare. Those are the kind of people that are just waiting to screw you over.

They can try to ruin your rep all they want...if I were a potential customer and heard of that and you were nothing but courteous and the customer in question was irate over a price quote or rejecting of a job inquiry I would take them with less than a grain of salt...and that is because you can season crap all you want...it is still what it is under the salt. Crap. Worry less about those people and keep it moving. Misery loves company and this would be exactly how they get it...giving you something to look over your shoulder about. Just remember to choose your battles wisely and ALWAYS keep an ace in the hole...this applies to any trade.

The problem with telling someone to eff off is you basically put yourself on their playing field. Remember playing with an ahole will get you crapped on eventually. As much as it sucks when someone is being self centered you have to just let them....so in my mind the best thing to do is stick to your guns. "Sorry I can't commit that much time for such a small investment comparatively" is quite clear at your intention and reasoning. If the person you were telling that to doesn't understand that...well doing a job for them is the kind of job that turns into a nightmare. Those are the kind of people that are just waiting to screw you over.

They can try to ruin your rep all they want...if I were a potential customer and heard of that and you were nothing but courteous and the customer in question was irate over a price quote or rejecting of a job inquiry I would take them with less than a grain of salt...and that is because you can season crap all you want...it is still what it is under the salt. Crap. Worry less about those people and keep it moving. Misery loves company and this would be exactly how they get it...giving you something to look over your shoulder about. Just remember to choose your battles wisely and ALWAYS keep an ace in the hole...this applies to any trade.
Only reason I said it to that one guy in my example was he started bombarding me with insults when I turned him down :rolleyes:.

Ohh I hear you...and was definitely not calling you out in any way. I myself have been in situations on both sides of service arguments where party a or b used an emmeffer or an ahole somewhere in the conversation...all I was pointing out is that in the end when people (in your case the other guy) act like an ahole you end up in a bunch of chit if you continue with them any longer.

I hear yah, totally have been there, and just did the math in the end and learned that sometimes you cut and run in these situations...there is no longer an objective. Nothing good is going to come out of a business situation once that happens and any other communication from you is fuel for a fire from the angered party. I truly am just speaking from experience on both sides of that client/service provider relationship in the most general way regarding cussing out a client or service provider either way. Didn't mean to step on your toes there.

Ohh I hear you...and was definitely not calling you out in any way. I myself have been in situations on both sides of service arguments where party a or b used an emmeffer or an ahole somewhere in the conversation...all I was pointing out is that in the end when people (in your case the other guy) act like an ahole you end up in a bunch of chit if you continue with them any longer.

I hear yah, totally have been there, and just did the math in the end and learned that sometimes you cut and run in these situations...there is no longer an objective. Nothing good is going to come out of a business situation once that happens and any other communication from you is fuel for a fire from the angered party. I truly am just speaking from experience on both sides of that client/service provider relationship in the most general way regarding cussing out a client or service provider either way. Didn't mean to step on your toes there.
Oh, I was just saying what happened. I figured you weren't pointing me out or anything.

Top Bottom