1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a Print Thread option

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by trman, Feb 9, 2015.

1. trman

trman Active Member

I have had requests from several users who want a printer friendly option for printing a thread, however there is none. The "add this" thing only seems to print out 1 page of the thread.

So we need a "print thread" option under "thread tools" to allow a printer friendly version of the entire thread to be printed, just like VB3 had. I was really surprised that it wasn't included as default in XenForo.

I did a search with "print thread" specified and titles only and found nothing, thus the suggestion.

ncbetz, orange7, thomas1 and 17 others like this.
  2. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

3. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

I really could use this (PRINT THREAD) feature and hope to see it implemented sometime in the future. I also would like to have a simple way to print to file all members with a sort, ie date last sign on, date last posted, date joined, etc.

DaveAllen likes this.
  4. DaveAllen

DaveAllen Member

One of the first things I did after getting on the main Xenforo site was wanting to print threads.

Even the ability to print just a single post would be nice.

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

RDR likes this.
  6. DaveAllen

DaveAllen Member

Thanks @AndyB,

That is a very useful add-on indeed. Still, I would love to see a nice "Print" link for each post and a "Print Thread" for a complete thread.

IMO easy printing functions should be part of Xenforo core.

Just my 2 cents.

7. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

Agreed. Many forums have technical information that people like to print out and make notes on - especially in the car world. I have stuff in my garage that I printed from websites a decade ago (in vB forums). A printer friendly view makes a lot of sense, even with how popular mobile viewing has become.

8. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

9. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

I also would love to see a tool that could print the starter post and/or the compleat thread. I feel this would be a very useful tool for my members as well as myself as the admin.

10. Sperber

Sperber Active Member

Still not implemented? Guys, you´re kiddin me, or..? :cautious: Print and/or export to PDF of threads & single posts is a really common feature in nearly every other forums software..

11. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Daniel Hood likes this.
  12. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

I'm still getting print thread functionality requests from my members

13. Baron

Baron Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    dethfire likes this.