Need a Print Thread option

trman

I have had requests from several users who want a printer friendly option for printing a thread, however there is none. The "add this" thing only seems to print out 1 page of the thread.

So we need a "print thread" option under "thread tools" to allow a printer friendly version of the entire thread to be printed, just like VB3 had. I was really surprised that it wasn't included as default in XenForo.

I did a search with "print thread" specified and titles only and found nothing, thus the suggestion.

Upvote 34
I really could use this (PRINT THREAD) feature and hope to see it implemented sometime in the future. I also would like to have a simple way to print to file all members with a sort, ie date last sign on, date last posted, date joined, etc.

One of the first things I did after getting on the main Xenforo site was wanting to print threads.

Even the ability to print just a single post would be nice.

Thanks @AndyB,

That is a very useful add-on indeed. Still, I would love to see a nice "Print" link for each post and a "Print Thread" for a complete thread.

IMO easy printing functions should be part of Xenforo core.

Just my 2 cents.
Agreed. Many forums have technical information that people like to print out and make notes on - especially in the car world. I have stuff in my garage that I printed from websites a decade ago (in vB forums). A printer friendly view makes a lot of sense, even with how popular mobile viewing has become.

Thanks @AndyB,

That is a very useful add-on indeed. Still, I would love to see a nice "Print" link for each post and a "Print Thread" for a complete thread. IMO easy printing functions should be part of Xenforo core. Just my 2 cents.

I also would love to see a tool that could print the starter post and/or the compleat thread. I feel this would be a very useful tool for my members as well as myself as the admin.

Still not implemented? Guys, you´re kiddin me, or..? :cautious: Print and/or export to PDF of threads & single posts is a really common feature in nearly every other forums software..

I'm struggling to understand the exact issue with printing. a ctrl+p print preview looks pretty good to me already. Anything else you want to remove, just use a @media=print directive in extra.less to set display:none;

I'm struggling to understand the exact issue with printing. a ctrl+p print preview looks pretty good to me already. Anything else you want to remove, just use a @media=print directive in extra.less to set display:none;
Because in Firefox it only ever prints out the first page (if that)
And secondly because I was on a forum that used VB (not sure which version) and it had Print Thread Option and it was so easy.

Where is this
@media=print directive in extra.less to set display:none;

Well, firefox is broken then... every other browser seems to do just fine with the system ctrl prompt. even ie.

printthread.php was necessary in 2002 when it was established. in 2020, it's a relic of duplicate content that should be handeled better with media calls in css.

see more about how to use the media directive:

Well, firefox is broken then... every other browser seems to do just fine with the system ctrl prompt. even ie.

printthread.php was necessary in 2002 when it was established. in 2020, it's a relic of duplicate content that should be handeled better with media calls in css.

see more about how to use the media directive:
Yes I like Firefox (but it does have a few annoyancies)
Thanks for that I'll study that media directive

Top Bottom