1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned View your thread option

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by RichardKYA, Apr 22, 2015.

1. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Well-Known Member

Would be cool to have a "View your thread" option when creating/editing threads.

Like the "View your profile" option that you have in privacy settings.
    batpool52! likes this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What would this accomplish? Once you save, you are taken to the thread...
  3. RichardKYA

It would be so you could create a thread and either allow "All Visitors" or "People you follow only".

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Absolutely not!

Thread and post visibility is controlled by the setup in the ACP ie determined by administrators. It isn't, nor should it ever be, controlled by the users thrmselves.

If users want to limit the visibility of some of their content, that's what profile posts, albums and conversations are for.
    Amaury likes this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Aside from going against the concept of a forum (IMO), this would also be absolutely brutal for performance. I can't see this happening.
    Valhalla likes this.
  6. RichardKYA

Fair enough. I thought it would be a nice addition. Thought it would be easier to restrict it to "people you follow" instead of starting a 100 people conversation that can't be moderated.

Profile posts are good for little "how-you-doings?". Albums if you have XFMG installed. Conversations are completely private and can't be moderated.

I see it's been closed already, so doesn't matter. I just wanted to explain my reasoning a bit more :)
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

8. RichardKYA

OK, I'll take a look at that. Thanks for the nod :)